Pages

9.03.2010

Another Trip Around the Sun

It was blissfully cooler yesterday morning, so I did my yoga on the back porch. It felt so good to stretch and center myself outdoors. I could hear the birds singing; the sun sparkled on the water; an easy breeze gently moved the trees. Peace!
Sage and I spent the early part of the day at Shell Beach with the mamas and just the little ones, since school is back in session. It was so quiet; the water was like a sheet of glass; and the sky stretched blue forever. Bliss!
Did I mention it was my birthday? After school, the kids & DaddyBird threw me a little party complete with streamers, games, and a sparkly Birthday Princess crown. It kind of felt like I was turning 6 instead of 36. Joy!
So it was perfectly fitting that my gift was a shiny, new pink cruiser - a wish that has graced my treasure map for a year and a half. Yippee! I am one lucky mama, for sure.

4 comments:

  1. WAHOO!!! So glad to see you got the bike! I've been scouting for a baby seat, so perhaps we can go for rides when the weather cools off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy, happy birthday to you!!!! LOVE your new bike!!! what fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a sweet set of wheels! good for you! happy, happy day!

    ReplyDelete