8.08.2009

Day 23 :: Loving Kindness

“You don’t need to actively seek out opportunities to be compassionate; they are all around you in your everyday life. Simply awaken your own instinct for goodness and help alleviate suffering wherever you encounter it." - Marcel Proust

I've been writing a lot about kindness here; about acts of kindness to others and to myself. A reader pointed out that my post titled Random Acts of Kindness was really not properly named, as random implies anonymous - or doing something unexpected for a stranger. What I was doing was simply being kind to people I know and love. This is easier, although not to be discounted. This helped me realize I was just skimming the surface of practicing loving kindness. This weekend, I am focusing on true "random" acts of kindness, deepening my practice to where my love extends beyond friends and family to all people (and other sentient beings) - from those I pass on the street to those I hear about on the news.

May we all be happy.

1 comment:

Arlan Berglas said...

Act locally, think globally!

34 days till kickoff: Pass It Forward Movement
www.aunitedworld.org
www.itsallwhoyouknow.org
www.globalunitycalendar.org

In 34 days from now, starting September 11, 2009 the new question at a party will not be "What do you do for a living?" the new question will be "So what are you doing to make the world a better place?" or "What is your PIF program?" in this area we all start out equal!

We now have over 1000 PIF programs! www.aunitedworld.org/programs.asp
I welcome your comments.