12.01.2010

December 1!

December 1st greeted me with a grey, windy morning and, finally, some fabulously cool air. Sunshine has peeked on through, but a crisp breeze remains. Ahhh... Another pleasure greeted me this morning as well: the just-released Winter Issue of Rhythm of the Home, in which I have the pleasure of being featured again. Hop on over and check out this fantastic publication; you can read my article on winter potlucks here.

There's also a great listing of winter festivals and celebrations in this issue that's definitely worth checking out. I've been busy planning and prepping seasonal festivities for my little chicks, and this article will be a great resource. Here in my nest, we're focusing on celebrations of light this holiday season. Currently, we're loving: Lights of Winter, which shares the winter customs and festivals of many cultures, and Winter Lights, a poetry book on celebrations of light. More on all this to come.

Happy December, and be sure to let me know if you get a chance to read my article on the Pleasures of Potluck!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I love your piece about potlucks over at ROTH. Within my mom's group, I've just started hosting/planning rotating potlucks. I know all the kids and all the mamas, but few of the dads. This has been an awesome way for us all to connect, as families, and build the community we want. Will have to try a recipe or two at the next one. :)

Anonymous said...

Liz,your article is fantastic! You successfully captured the "warmth" of the season and the value of our close community. You also made me hungry!
Great Job!
Dad