So, now we're working on our back-to-school rhythm. I've posted a sign to help facilitate smooth morning routines... I've posted a chore chart to help facilitate easy dinner times... I've made myself a bazillion lists to try and organize my time among family, household, garden, writing assignments, creative projects, and part-time work at my husband's business... I'm waking early to squeeze in some exercise before my morning "bus route"... And I'm calmly and patiently trying to keep it all straight; to get back in the groove.
Calmly and patiently are relative terms, as I tend to lean more toward high-strung and slightly neurotic. In fact, the last sentence above is really more of an affirmation than a declaration of truth. Nonetheless, it is my intention right now, to be calm and patient. I want, if I can, to hold on to a bit of the simplicity of summer as we dive into the craziness of fall.
And so, here is my Keep it Simple Manifesto (to-date):
- I will say NO to more commitments and YES to less.
- I will expect LESS of myself whenever it is a reasonable option.
- I will ACCEPT less-than-perfect situations for what they are and not make myself crazy trying to fix them.
- I will set clear BOUNDARIES for myself and my family.
- I will BREATHE more and do less.
*Note: I can't get images to accompany this post for a host of technical reasons too boring to list... But I am calm & patient about it. I accept my less-than-perfect, pictureless post for what is is. I hope you will too!