11.06.2014

A Few of My Favorite Things... (from the Country Living Fair)

A couple of weeks ago, my mother and I took a road trip to the Country Living Fair. What a feast of inspiration! We stood in line on the first day with droves of ladies who looked, well, just like us. Armed with a modest stack of cash, a push cart, and a whole lot of enthusiasm, we tackled the expansive fair with the gusto of kids on Christmas morning.
Everywhere we looked, we saw things we loved... old typewriters and dried flowers... rustic bread boards and salvaged windows... sheepskin throws and crates of antlers... It was a mix of vintage, salvage, handmade, repurposed, and only a dash of commercial products. I picked up a few treasures to bring home, including a fabulous old typewriter table to hold my blue 1950s Royal machine. The table has a pull out desk and a small drawer that is stocked with aged typewriter paper (remember, that nice textured, thick paper with a watermark?). The kids are having a blast with it!
Many of the vendors wowed us with their creative displays and booths. Those rustic chairs in the top image were balanced atop a fence railing! And I really loved the vignettes created at another booth, like the ones pictured below - little curio cabinets and displays of found and repurposed objects, mixed with ferns, moss, and bits of whimsy. The whole fair was like taking a stroll through my Pinterest pages!
Check out these huge signs hanging among the trees. Yes, there is also a bike, a deer head, and a chandelier suspended in the top picture! (I bought some great mushroom botanical prints "torn from an old gypsy book" from this creative vendor. I plan to mount them on canvases and hang them in my living room.)
So, I'm curious... do you like this kind of stuff too? If you want, I'll do a follow up post featuring the goodies I brought home and showing how I'm incorporating them into my nest, using inspiration gleaned from the Country Living Fair. Leave a comment and let me know if you're interested!

xoxo - Liz

3 comments:

Rose said...

Of course I'm interested! Looks like a FABULOUS time!

Rachel G said...

Yes please! I've been waiting for these pictures!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! Yes, I would like to see more pictures. I must admit I'm a little bit jealous! ; ) Thank you! Marie