6.25.2009

Honoring the Divine Feminine

"The Way of the Sacred Feminine is one of love, caring, understanding, compassion, peace and joy." - Lisa Dale Miller


The moon entered Cancer on Monday, welcoming in the energy of the Sacred Feminine. I gathered with my moon sisters around a Summer Solstice altar adorned in candles and fresh cuttings from the garden, including the heady-scented blooms of the ylang-ylang tree, as well as delicate roses and bright zinnias.

Along with our usual smudging and candle lighting rituals, this month we also anointed ourselves with Heart Song essential oil - a blend of lavender, geranium, rose and rosewood oils - and added a deep breathing ritual in honor of the Scared Feminine. My intentions for the new lunar cycle included honoring the divine feminine within me, and I've been thinking about what this means to me all week.

My primary image of the Sacred Feminine is the Chinese Goddess of Compassion, Quan Yin. She appeared to me on a trip to California 10 years ago and has remained my closest spirit guide ever since. I have this great statue of her, which served as the center of my birth altar with Sage. As my first step in honoring the Sacred Feminine, I'm fixing up my little altar for Quan Yin...and for myself. I promise to show it to you when the time is right.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to share my ideas for honoring the Divine Feminine, as well as my own feminine spirit, throughout this lunar cycle. Of course, I'd love to hear your ideas too.

No comments: