11.27.2008

I Am Grateful For...This Day of Food & Family

27 :: This Day of Food & Family
I am so very blessed to have all of my immediate family right here in the same town. My mother & father, my father-in-law and my sister & nephew. Today, we all gathered for Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house. The feast was fabulous and included:
Fresh Oven-Roasted Turkey
Mom's Homemade Stuffing
Turkey Gravy from scratch
My Roasted Veggies
Grandpa's Cucumber Salad
Collard Greens
Fresh Green Beans
Yeast Rolls
Cranberry Sauce
Sweet Tea
Apple-Cranberry Crumble
Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
We ate to our bellies' content! Then there was football, good conversation and naps. Plus, Sage walked about 6 steps - the most to-date - with everyone watching. And Selby gave us a concert, accompanied by Nana & Aunt Dianne on the piano!I am grateful for the beautiful, bountiful meal we enjoyed together; for the lovely way my 4-year-old led us in sharing what we are thankful for before we dined; for each and everyone one of my dear family and all that they do to support one another every single day. I know how lucky I am for all this...I feel blessed beyond words.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: