2.16.2009

Strawberry Jubilee

Imagine a strawberry scented breeze. A crystal clear, cool morning kissed by the sun. Many sets of tiny hands, reaching toward the earth to harvest juicy, red jewels, sweet as candy. It was a day of sticky fingers and stained smiles at our local u-pic. The Snail and her family joined me & the girls, my mother and my nephew in what could only be described as a strawberry-picking jubilee.I'm not sure there is any sweeter treat than a sun-warmed strawberry picked right from the source. The kids were eating them as fast as they picked them.And a really good time was had by all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was so much fun, thank you for the great idea. my house smells delicious!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! It doesn't get any better than this and I have a freezer full of delicious berries to boot. Hugs, Nana