3.11.2009

I Am Writing :: Project Bible & Outline Part II

I've been focused on two writing projects this week:

The Project BibleI began creating a Project Bible for my novel. It's a three-ring notebook (decorated with super- cute transfers of birdies) that houses everything I need as reference for my book: lists of facts, character names & descriptions, research findings & sources, etc. Additionally, it serves as a place to jot down ideas, thoughts, words, free writing, etc. when I'm not at my desk. So that way, when I get a great idea while washing the dishes, I can get it on paper and revisit it later.

Outline, Part II (and ongoing...)
Also on my desk this week has been that outline I mentioned last week. I've taken my initial basic structure and began to develop it into a more detailed plan, plugging in dates & themes and creating a basic flow for the story. This has been extremely gratifying work, but it still has a long way to go.

I've also been fixing up my office/craft studio, 'cause you gotta have a pretty, inspiring place to write, right? The re-do should be ready for a big reveal next week!

5 comments:

Kangaroo said...

celebrate, mama! this journey has officially begun!

eringoodman said...

wow! thank you so much for sharing this - so inspiring!

Liquid Pen said...

Way to set things in motion..how powerful......

Ethan said...

Aunt Liz I am VERY proud of you!

Anonymous said...

As one who follows the teachings of Natalie Goldberg & writes from the unconcious - Zen style- you might say, I marvel at your process.