12.06.2011

Sugar & Spice Pecans

I about made myself sick sampling these Sugar & Spice Pecans as I made them for a food & craft swap I'm attending this weekend. Oh my, these are lovely with a glass of Sebastiani Chardonnay. Sweet and salty with a bit of a kick. And my house smells like Christmas morning. Hmmmm......
Sugar & Spice Pecans

2 cups pecans
1 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne
3 1/2 Tbsp. organic cane sugar

Heat oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add in pecans and stir about 4 minutes. Mix sugar & spices together and sprinkle over nuts. Stir constantly over medium low heat for 6-9 minutes, until sugar melts and caramelizes. Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet to cool.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Yummmmmm!!!! Hope I can get my hands on some of those at the swap!

Liquid Pen said...

Yum! We've been friends long enough that I get all warm and fuzzy about seeing your traditions showing up again year after year. Sweet...I love this time of year!