6.12.2012

Going Bananas

I've got bananas ripening faster than my little monkeys can eat them! These beauties are right off one of our backyard banana trees. I'm thinking about making some monkey butter (a tropical banana jam); I tasted this for the first time at my last food & craft swap, but wasn't lucky enough to snag a jar, as it was super popular. Thinking about banana bread too, and ran across this recipe that made my mouth water.

Do you have a favorite banana use/recipe? Please share - quickly!

3 comments:

Kangaroo said...

I always buy two bunches these days, and have one for countertop grabbing and one for freezing. I peel them and cut them in half and freeze them and then they are ready for smoothies...my current favorite is the Kalicious! Juice 1 green apple and 1 lemon, then pour the juice in a high speed blender with 1.5 frozen bananas, 3 leaves of kale de-stemmed and chopped, and about a cup of spinach. YUM!

Cathy B. said...

Our absolute favorite is simple: crushed ice, milk and a banana in the blender, delcious and healthy shake you feel like its ice cream without the guilt :) And yes, easy to freeze.

Rose said...

Banana cake on my blog!

http://www.thelaughingmonkey.com/blog/2009/01/14/happy-birthday-little-girl/