1.15.2014

An Open Road to Everywhere

There was nowhere to go but everywhere,
so just keep on rolling under the stars. ~ Jack Kerouac

Lately, instead of writing and sharing, I've been pouring myself into my real world... the things I can see, and feel, and manipulate with my hands. I've...
I have not written about any of these things. I have not taken many photos. I have simply lived each moment, the ups and the downs, all strung together. And now, I am here, again, in this space and not sure where to go. I don't want to leave the real... the now. I want to bring it here in a way I can look back on and reminisce; and in a way others can look in on and understand, or learn, or empathize, or feel inspired. Or not.

The new year feels like an open road to me... an opportunity to take a new path; a viewpoint from which to watch the sun rise over a misty field, or to gaze up at a clear dark sky and catch a falling star. There is nowhere to go but everywhere. So for now, I'm going to just keep on rolling... Care to join me?

Leave me a comment and tell me 5 things you've been doing in your real world. {Or write them down in your journal; shout them into the night sky; whisper them to your dog. Whatever. The point is simply to take stock of what you've been up to.}

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been tending to sick family (which is on it's way out, thank God!), watching a man put new flooring in part of my home (yay!), homeschooling, taking very brief walks outdoors and snapping photos of snow when it's below zero, and creating things on my new sewing machine...among other things. :)

Liz ~ A Natural Nester said...

Thanks for sharing harleygirl. :-) I hope everyone in your nest feels better soon!

Donna said...

I had found your blog just a couple of months of ago. I am glad to see you back - I was just about to look for a "contact me" link to drop you a note, just wanted to let you know you had been missed!
My real things -
Basked in the light of the full moon, sketched in a new journal, baked a batch of cookies, cleaned out a kitchen cupboard, and watched a young beaver swim in a local pond.

Anonymous said...

we have cleaned out one car,baked two batches of cookies, rearranged the bedroom and put on new bedding. right now we are sitting on the patio with a fire going and writing on the computer.

Liz ~ A Natural Nester said...

Donna - Thank you for your kind words, and for sharing your happenings (all so great!). I'll find my rhythm here again soon!