Tomorrow is National Arbor Day, a special day set aside for tree planting, and a great day to recognize and discuss the important role trees play in our natural world. Here are 10 ways you can honor this over 135-year-old observance as a family, or an individual. (It's OK to spread these activities out over several days or weeks!)
1. The most obvious Arbor Day act is to plant a tree (or make a plan to plant one sometime soon). Be sure to choose the right tree for the right spot, and learn how to properly plant and care for it!
2. Go on a neighborhood tree walk. Stroll around your neighborhood, or a nearby park, and observe all the different types of trees. Bring along a field guide to identify what you see, or alternatively, take photos and use the Internet to identify your neighborhood trees when you get home (visit www.arborday.org/trees/treeid.html).
3. Stop by the library and pickup a few books about trees. Consider picture books for little ones, such as The Giving Tree or A Tree is Nice. Older children will appreciated non-fiction/resource books to learn more about trees; local tree identification guides; and even the classic coming-of-age story A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Adults, check out The Tree, a nonfiction look at how the natural world affects human lives.
4. Make bark rubbings using paper and crayons or colored pencils. Lay your paper over the bark of different trees and rub it with a crayon... watch the patterns and texture of the bark magically appear!
5. Make a list of all the different foods that come from trees (think beyond just apples and oranges to other edible tree products such as cinnamon [tree bark] and syrup [tree sap]). Pick a favorite from the list and make a tree-grown snack to enjoy and share in gratitude.
6. Find a spot to relax under a shady tree. Lie down and look up through the branches and leaves. Lean against the trunk and read a book. Pack a picnic to eat in the shade...
7. Write a poem about a tree in honor of Arbor Day and National Poetry Month. Pick a tree in your yard to write about... or conjure up an image of the most beautiful - or unusual- tree you can imagine. Be creative! Read some of these famous poems for inspiration.
8. Observe what animals, insects, and birds live in and around the trees in your area. Think about what role the trees play for the wildlife (shelter, food, rest). Consider starting a nature journal in which to record your observations.
9. Volunteer time or donate money to a local tree-planting organization and help grow trees and community! Visit www.arbordaynow.org to find out where and how you can make a difference in your area.
10. If nothing else, go outside and hug a tree today. It's a sweet and simple way to express your gratitude for all the benefits trees offer to you and your planet. Plus, it feels great!
***How do you celebrate Arbor Day?***
Help this list grow by adding a comment!
Nice attempt, Hope you can. Nice ideas. Expecting more wonderful posts from you. Thank you for sharing, waiting for more innovating ideas, :)
Thanks for sharing this information.
Yes Done is the best online site for on demand home services, professional service providers in Jaipur, Rajasthan. We are providing top services like carpenter, cleaning, TV, and many more services at your doorstep in Jaipur, Rajasthan. For more services visit our website.
Thanks for sharing this information.
Yes Done is the best online site for on demand home services, professional service providers in Jaipur, Rajasthan. We are providing top services like carpenter, cleaning, TV, best pest control services in Jaipur, ro repair service in Jaipur, ac repair service in Jaipur online by Yes Done is there for services at your doorstep in Jaipur, Rajasthan. For more service visit our website. For more services visit our website.
Thank you for sharing this valuable information.
Apparrant is the leading UX UI Design agency having experienced designers and developers working throughout the year on important and life changing products. We have been awarded as top UI UX Design agency in India by multiple agencies. If you are looking for best UX Design Agency in Noida, UI UX Design Agency in Faridabad, and UX UI Design Company in Delhi then Apparrant is best for you.
It's a great blog, shares a piece of good information.
GIEC Global is the leading education and migration consultants in Australia. We are top Education consultants in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide and Australia. We are best education consultants for Canada in Australia. We also helps people in studying in USA and have been awarded as education consultants for USA in Melbourne and education consultant for UK in Australia.
The awesome blog shares good information with everyone. I will bookmark it in the future.
France Education Consultants in Australia is GIEC Global. We are top Education consultants for Norway in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide and Australia. We are best education consultants for Netherlands in Australia. We also helps people in studying in Ireland and have been awarded as education consultants for Ireland in Melbourne and education consultant for Finland in Australia.
Nice Blog, worth reading it. I have also bookmarked it for the future.
If you are looking to Work in Australia , Work in Canada, Work in USA, Work in UK, or Work in Ireland then GIEC Global will be the best consultant for you in Australia.
It's a really good blog and I am in love while reading it.
If you are looking to migrate to Australia , Migrate to Canada, Migrate to USA, Migrate to UK, Migrate to France, or Migrate to Ireland then GIEC Global will be the best consultant for you in Australia.
Good One. Worth reading it once.
If you are looking to Visit to Australia , Visit to Canada, Visit to USA, or Visit to UK then GIEC Global will be the best consultant for you in Australia.
MEDLEY CANDLE - ROSE GOLD (RED BERRIES) ,BLOOM CANDLE ,CITRINE CANDLE ,LEATHER CANDLE , NOIR CANDLE ,AQUA CANDLE
Post a Comment