8.20.2012

A New Beginning and Letting Go...

For the first time in 8 years, both of my babies are at school... all day... every day. Selby started the third grade this morning, and Sage pre-kindergarten. As we arrived, the sun was shining bright above the campus, marking the beginning of a fresh start. This is a new school to all of us... new methods (Montessori), new hours, new friends, and new teachers. So there were plenty of jitters all around. But in my heart, I know it will be very good for everyone.
It's hard to let my littlest go, knowing mama-Sage days at home are over. No more mid-morning bike rides to the park, no more afternoon playdates, no more baking sessions by ourselves... And it's hard to watch my eldest walk into a whole new environment and not be able to be there with her to hold her hand and guide her through. But most of all it's hard to accept my babies are growing up; not at all babies anymore.

I look forward to welcoming them back into our home this afternoon, hearing their stories, grabbing some extra snuggles and holding them just a bit closer... while I still can.

1 comment:

asavoryspoonful@gmail.com said...

Oh how I wish I could be there this afteroon as a butterfly on the wall...... Cherish these moments as I know you do :)