3.17.2010

A Day of Renewal

For each petal on the shamrock this brings a wish your way. Good health, good luck and happiness for today and every day. - Irish blessing
*Photo taken over the weekend at our local botanical gardens.

St. Patrick's Day is a traditional day for spiritual renewal. I've been thinking about this, and how I'd like to honor it. So I made a list of my personal spiritual endeavors:

...to be mindful in the present moment.
...to release judgement and practice acceptance.
...to cultivate gratitude.
...to practice compassion and loving kindness.
...to honor my Buddha Nature.

Reminding myself of what's important to me, to my soul, felt like the perfect way to refresh my spiritual practice. So tonight, in the full spirit of St. Patrick's Day, I will toast my Guinness to renewed commitments and new beginnings. Many blessings to you!

4 comments:

Cate said...

cin cin! or, whatever they say in ireland. here's to you, mama bird. you always keep me inspired to be conscious of the things that truly matter.

Heather said...

For a day that we normally hear about nothing but green beer, this was really refreshing. Thank you for sharing

Rose said...

Yes, with the Lunar new year on the horizon, I am really feeling the need from some renewal. Thanks for sharing your lovely intentions.

Liquid Pen said...

Here's to a full year of refreshing renewal!